Wednesday, January 5, 2011

thrifting in the new year

I haven't gone thrifting in so long! I wonder if my local thrift stores will have lots of goodies this week. After all, don't we all clean up our places a bit before/after the holidays and get rid of a lot of things to make way for our overambitious new year's resolutions? I know I did!

A couple of things I'm going to be on the lookout for this year:
- A nice, wooden, dining table. I'd love one with lots of character.
- A folksy rug. Maybe one with a Navajo pattern? Or a Kilim rug?
- Interesting artwork. I realized that I had a couple of things to hang up, but not enough to make a nice-looking cluster in the living room.

The Joy of Junk

Okay, I just realized that my list above is a new year's-resolutions-shopping-list!

3 comments:

Van said...

Woah...that picture full of treasures, transport me there now, please. Did you take this charming shot?

But beyond the picture, excellent thrifting goals :) Happy hunting to you! I can't wait to get back to it.

Gigi said...

Unfortunately, I didn't take the photo! But it does look like an amazing shop. (Click-y on the photo for the source).

Pearl said...

Gosh I love antique shops.
I can spend hours in there...


Pearl

Related Posts with Thumbnails